The U.S. RMBS group is seeking an Assistant Vice President with strong quantitative and analytical skills. The Assistant Vice President will assist in the analytical work in assigning credit ratings to RMBS securitizations, including collateral assessment, cash flow analysis, third-party due diligence and document reviews. The Assistant Vice President will report to the Managing Director of the US RMBS group.
- Perform transaction analysis including analysis of collateral, deal structure and legal issues.
- Focus on key credit issues during the new issue rating process.
- Develop and maintain proprietary cash flow models on Intex and Excel.
- Test cash flows to confirm accuracy and robustness of cash flow models. Conduct scenario/sensitivity analysis and stress testing and communicate analysis to senior staff and colleagues.
- Assist with analysis to evaluate credit profile of securities.
- Review related legal documents.
- Act as a lead or back-up analyst on structured finance transactions, present analysis to rating committee.
- Participate in criteria development and enhancement of structured finance models.
- Produce and publish newsletters with minimal supervision.
- Participate in external meetings with bankers, investors and originators.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in finance, math, economics, computer science or any other related field. Master degree in a related field is welcomed but not required.
- 3+ years of experience in Structured Finance.
- Have a understanding of credit & legal aspects of structured finance transactions in the residential mortgage product area.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and team player with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, Python, SQL, Access or R is a plus.
- Familiarity with structured products market and technical expertise in using fixed income analytical systems such as Intex (Dealmaker, Calc) and Bloomberg.
- Personable, eager to learn, organized, deadline driven and systems oriented.